You can expect to find a couple of these decadent Pecan Pie Brownie Bites under the Christmas tree.
Just wanted to let you know that I’ve been exceptionally nice this year. This is in no way a threat, but if you’d like to continue to receive those delicious goodies on Christmas Eve, that sack of toys slung over your back had better include a new hand mixer for your favorite baker. Please go check your list.
Don’t worry! I haven’t been slacking! In the meantime, you can expect to find a couple of these decadent Pecan Pie Brownie Bites under the Christmas tree. They are easily assembled with non-motorized kitchen tools, so I can promise them to you even before I look in my stocking on Christmas morning. (Adjustable speed and comfort grip preferred.)
I think that Rudolph would probably appreciate if you shared one of these nutty delights with him, too. These sweet treats are a delightful hybrid of brownies and pie. They are chocolatey and gooey and designed to be shared.
We’ll do you a favor and cut these tasty bites into tiny squares and nestle them in cupcake wrappers so you can just grab and go. We hope you enjoy them, Santa!
Merry Christmas to all!
Love, Not-Naughty Nora
Pecan Pie Brownie Bites
For the base:
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
nonstick cooking spray
For the topping:
3 cups raw pecan pieces
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup light corn syrup
5 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray a 9″x13″ pan with nonstick cooking spray and then line with parchment paper.
- First the base – Place the softened butter, salt, and sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to mix well. Add the cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and flour to the bowl and mix well until a very stiff and crumbly dough comes together.
- Press the dough into the parchment-lined pan. Use a fork to prick, or dock, the dough all over.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Now for the filling – Place the brown sugar, corn syrup, eggs, salt, vanilla extract, and almond extract in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until foamy and fully mixed.
- Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Scatter the pecans evenly over the chocolate base. Carefully pour the pour the sugar and egg mixture over the pecans.
- Slide the pan into the oven and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the middle is no longer jiggly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before slicing. Lift the parchment paper at both ends to remove the pecan bars from the pan. Cut into about 30 small squares.
This recipe will yield about 30 bite-sized bars.