Looking for ways to warm up as the weather gets colder? Look no further than these November dining events across Chicago.
Sunday, November 3 – National Sandwich Day
With National Sandwich Day coming up on November 3rd, River Roast, Jake Melnick’s Corner Tap, and Cafe Spiaggia have your sando deals.
Cafe Spiaggia (980 North Michigan Avenue)
Mortadella ($16): potato bun, slagel pork, giardiniera aioli, and cherry pepper sauce
Chicken Parmigiana ($19): garlic pretzel roll, basil aioli, pomodoro, and provolone
Jake Melnick’s Corner Tap (41 East Superior)
Sloppy Pig ($13.95): chopped pork, brisket & chicken, cheddar, & fried onions
Thursday’s Blue Plate Special! Get the Smokehouse Sandwich for $12.95.
River Roast (315 North LaSalle)
Cubano ($15): smoked pork, ham, housemade chorizo, chihuahua cheese, pickle, horseradish sauce, and grilled ciabatta
Fried Chicken Sandwich ($14): fried chicken, sriracha pickle, spicy remoulade, butter lettuce, and a brioche bun.
Wednesdays Starting November 6 – Writer Wednesdays at About Last Knife
About Last Knife (ALK) – the modern steak bar on North Michigan Avenue – has partnered with the nearby American Writers Museum to bring Writer Wednesdays to the neighborhood. Starting on Wednesday, November 6, guests who donate a book to the neighboring Hotel Julian’s library receive their first cocktail from ALK’s new literary-inspired drink menu complimentary. The “Novel Approach” beverage menu includes eight craft cocktails ($14 each) such as:
- Hemingway Daiquiri with rum, maraschino, grapefruit, and lime
- Eventide – the name of Gwendolyn Brooks’ first published poem – with gin, americano, violette, and bitters
- The Giving Tree – inspired by Shel Silverstein’s infamous children’s book – with sherry, cherry, and demerara
- Bandit of Hell’s Bend – a Western fiction novel by American writer Edgar Rice Burroughs – with rye, cardamaro, and vermouth
Friday, November 8 – Meals on Wheels Celebrity Chef Ball
- Meals on Wheels Chicago’s signature fundraiser, the Celebrity Chef Ball, is taking place on Friday, November 8 from 6-11:30 p.m. at Morgan Manufacturing (401 N. Morgan St.). The evening of food and philanthropy brings over 80 top chefs, mixologists, and Chicagoans together to nourish our homebound neighbors.
- The VIP Chef’s Table begins at 6 p.m. with a pre-event cocktail reception, followed by a dining experience. Seated in small “pods”—each served by three chefs and a mixologist—guests will enjoy a six-course dinner with cocktails pairings, desserts, and a live auction.
- Guests of the Chef’s Tasting Party will sample their way through dozens of chef stations from chefs such as Debbie Gold (Tied House), Ryan Wombacher (SideDoor), and Justin Moser (Table, Donkey and Stick), and enjoy cocktail experiences along with a raffle, silent auction, and dancing beginning at 7:30 p.m.
- Tickets are available for purchase online: VIP Chef’s Table tickets are priced at $400 and Chef’s Tasting Party tickets are $200.
Tuesday, November 12 – Vegan Feast at Sunda
- River North pan-Asian restaurant Sunda (110 W. Illinois) invites guests to celebrate World Vegan Month with a Vegan Feast on Tuesday, November 12 at 6 p.m. The Feast offers guests a tour of Southeast Asian cuisine with dishes including Burmese Tea Salad with puffed rice, pickled beet strings, sunflower seeds, peanuts, and oolong tea dressing, Shiitake Edamame Dumplings, and Filipino Mushroom Adobo with confit oyster mushroom, garlic, and puffed rice.
- Guests can also sample Sunda’s new vegan sushi menu, which is launching November 1 and includes items such as a Sweet Potato Caterpillar Roll with roasted sweet potatoes, asian pear, avocado, black garlic teriyaki, roasted red pepper purée; and Beets Gunkan Maki with okinawa sweet potatoes, golden beets, beet strings, candied walnuts, and ponzu rayu.
- Tickets are available for purchase on Sunda’s website
Monday, November 18 – Dos Urban Cantina 4th Anniversary Party
Brian Enyart and Jennifer Jones Enyart of Dos Urban Cantina are hosting their 4th Anniversary Party, taking place on Monday, November 18 at Dos Urban Cantina (2829 W Armitage Ave).
The event will begin at 6pm and feature food and drinks from Dos Urban Cantina, along with a variety of neighbors and friends, including Funkenhausen, The Publican, Superkhana International, Bar Sotano and S.K.Y.
Tickets will be sold in the following tiers:
- 6pm for $65
- 8pm for $45